The Sanjeevani Story
A non-profit organization, Sanjeevani - Life Beyond Cancer, is an award-winning registered Public Trust devoted to enriching the lives of cancer patients and raising the bar of cancer care in India.
- Ruby Ahluwalia, a serving senior bureaucrat, was diagnosed with Triple Negative (Stage 3) Breast Cancer in 2009.
- The emotional and physical pain, as well as the financial stress of battling cancer, prompted Ruby to begin a new chapter in her own Life - Beyond Cancer.
- She set up Sanjeevani… Life Beyond Cancer, 2012, with the aim to make the journey of cancer for underprivileged patients and their families less strenuous, thus enabling them to complete their treatment and live as productive members of the society thereafter.
- Sanjeevani works predominantly with underprivileged patients and the programs offered by them are free of cost to patients.
- Core areas addressed by Sanjeevani are
- Handholding, caring, counselling, emotional and financial rehabilitation of patients; and
- Create awareness on healthy lifestyle, prevention and early detection of cancer.
- As Ruby says “We navigate patients for the full spectrum from despair to rehabilitation and thus I think of Sanjeevani as a nation builder and not just an NGO.”
- Sanjeevani started with just one Caregiver, helping patients at Tata Memorial Hospital, in 2012, and was able to handhold over 500 patients that year.
Inspired by Ruby’s vision and commitment to the cause and the guidance of a vibrant Board of Advisors, Sanjeevani has had a phenomenal growth trajectory since inception.
- Operates in 10 Indian states (14 Super speciality hospitals).
- Has a core team of over 30 caregivers, 30 Faculty and over 100 volunteers.
- Have enriched lives of over 2,45,000 patients since eight years of inception.
Plans for 2020-21
- Expand reach from 10 to 12 states by starting work in AP & Telangana (4 additional hospitals)
- Handhold over 1,00,000 patients
Our flagship programs
CanSahyogi - Providing psycho-social support to cancer patients
- The teams (mostly cancer survivors themselves) currently help navigate patients through the numerous fronts that open up during their journey with cancer and its onerous treatment.
- Post-COVID 19 handholding and counselling made available over call too.
Satori - A Wellness initiative for patients
- Focusing on the holistic well being of patients, the intervention is designed to improve physical and mental strengths, thus improving their immunity and quality of life and hopefully reducing the chances of recurrence of the disease.
- Post-COVID 19, the program is also offered online.
CanSaarthi - Skill development program
- This 4-month Certificate Course in Onco Caregiving is targeted to train cancer survivors (or those touched with cancer in the family) to become trained caregivers.
- Besides raising the bar of cancer care this helps in opening up possible opportunities of employment for them.
Advocacy & Awareness programs with Policymakers and communities
- To generate conversations around cancer
If you would like to be a part of this movement and our journey, you can take action today. You can Volunteer with us here or Donate towards the change.
To get in touch with our team you can write to us on email@example.com or call us on our #Sanjeevani_India_Helpline - 8691000800
Address : 306, Gold Mohur, 3rd Floor, 174 Princess Street, Mumbai - 400002
Date Of Establishment : April 18, 2012
Tel No : +91 8691000801
Website : www.sanjeevani-lifebeyondcancer.com
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/SLBCMain/
Youtube Channel : www.youtube.com/user/SanjeevaniLBC
Registered as : Charitable Trust
Regn No : E 28648 (Mumbai)
Date : 18/04/2012
Copy of Registration Certificate : Click here to view
Tax Exemption available :
All donations to the trust are eligble for tax benefits available under 80G.
Copy of 12 AA Certificate : Click here to view
Copy of 80 G Certificate : Click here to view