In a bustling commercial hub full of kind-hearted and fun-loving Amdavadis, our Ahmedabad Chapter was initiated in collaboration with the Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute (GCRI) in October 2014.
Active programs include:
- CanSahyogi: Handholding and Counselling sessions in hospital premises for cancer patients in need.
- Satori: A holistic care initiative that focuses on the complete well-being of cancer patients. Started on 4th April 2018, our Ahmedabad Chapter has extended its reach to almost 650 patients.
- CanSaarthi: Through this program, we offer a certified and professional cancer caregivers' course with a preference for cancer victors themselves. It has seen the successful completion of Nine batches till date, which resulted in graduates.
- CanChetna: A program meant to create awareness in various schools, colleges, universities, and communities of Ahmedabad about the need to adopt a healthy lifestyle to prevent cancer and the importance of early detection for higher chances of survival.
- CanAhaar: Nutritional Supplement Program for underprivileged cancer patients
Helping patients meet their nutritional needs by providing them with essential nutrition boxes is the sole objective of this program.
- Providing breakfast for all participants at the Wellness Centre.
- Offering daily check-ups and other necessities every month in the pediatric ward.
- Starting a Clothes Bank for cancer patients from economically weaker backgrounds.
- Supplying protein powder to patients in need of it.
- Organizing Laughter Yoga programs at least two to three times every year.
- Arranging monetary aid to patients in need through our Donor initiatives.
Awards and Recognition:
- Ms. Disha Tripathi (Former State Coordinator, Team Ahmedabad), bagged the ‘Aao Sahbhagi Bane’ award for fundraising and collaborations at 2019's Golden Angel Awards.
- The Ahmedabad SLBC team also won the ‘Best Team - Runner Up’ award at 2019's Golden Angel Awards.
Our Team Members are:
1. Ila Vora - Program Coordinator
2. Krishna Mali - Sr. Counsellor
3. Hina Meghwal - Sr. Counsellor
4. Nitesh Parmar- Sr.Program Executive
5. Vidisha Priyank Patel- Sr.Program Executive
|Our Intervention in the above hospitals are supported through a grant by Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders Limited|
To get in touch with our team you can write to us at [email protected] or Call us on our #Sanjeevani_India_Helpline - 8691000800